مستشفى سانت آنا هيرن
قسم الجراحة العامة وجراحة البطن (127)
Specialized in: general surgery, abdominal surgery
The Department of General and Visceral Surgery at the St. Anna Hospital in Herne under the lead of Dr. med. Nurettin Albayrak offers the full range of surgical treatment. Specialized surgeons perform all surgical procedures on internal organs as well as in case of fractures and ensure a competent treatment of the respective clinical picture.
The main focus of the visceral surgery at Dr. med. Nurettin Albayrak is on cancer treatment (oncological treatment). In the course of oncological treatment the Department of General and Abdominal works in a close cooperation with colleges from the Department of Gastroenterology in order to best possible and transparent treatment of patients.
Apart from that, during diagnosis and treatment oncological patients of the Department benefit from the interdisciplinary treatment planning and coordination at the Cancer Center of the St. Anna Hospital in Herne. Here, teams of the Intestinal Cancer Center Herne, Centers for Abdominal Medicine and Pancreatic Cancer collaborate with all other oncological experts.
The range of medical services of Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the St. Anna Hospital in Herne includes i.a.:
- Liver, gallbladder and pancreas surgery
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic operations
- Minimally invasive endoscopic operations
- Surgical intensive medicine
- Emergency medicine
- Surgery of the gastrointestinal tract
- Tumor surgery
- Esophageal surgery
- Port implantations
- Removal of metal/foreign bodies
- Treatment of decubitus ulcers
- Diagnosis and treatment of venous diseases and consequences
- Endocrine surgery
- Diagnosis and treatment of other injuries
The team around Dr. med. Nurettin Albayrak has a particular expertise in the field of minimally invasive operations. The main priorities of the Department include minimally invasive laparoscopic operations.
Minimally invasive treatment techniques are administered in the following cases:
- Removal of the gall bladder
- Removal of parts of the large intestine, cecum, liver, spleen and pancreas
- Hernia repair
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Laparoscopic stomach surgery
- Lysis of adhesions